At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
We’re looking for a tech-savvy, digitally minded talent development professional to grow our learning capability for our colleague community at Travel Counsellors. Passionate about learning, this role will be responsible for creating and implementing a learning strategy that leverages the power of digital to connect, inform, educate and inspire our people whilst ensuring our brand promise of ‘With Us, It’s Personal’ is at the heart of everything we do.
Based at our Manchester Support Office and reporting into the People Director, this role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Talent Development professional to think big and deliver industry leading learning experiences that will make a significant difference to the lives of our colleagues whilst providing them with a best-in-class platform to learn.
This role is critical to embedding a high-performance culture at Travel Counsellors as we look to support our people with the skills and the tools to maximise their potential and create a future without limits.
You will be innovative, entrepreneurial and keen to disrupt the norm, challenging our talent and our business to be the best. We’re looking for a forward-thinking individual who can step up and shine, throwing the old school L&D rulebook out of the window.
Adding Value to Travel Counsellors
You’ll be the go-to person for the end-to-end learning experiences at Travel Counsellors, starting with how we onboard our new starters, and working collaboratively with strategic partners across the business to drive a learning culture that supports our people to thrive.
This is a role that combines strategy with execution so you will need to be comfortable with taking an idea from inception through to delivery and bringing our people with you along on the journey.
Some of the key outputs we’ll expect you to deliver or play a key role in include:
• Design and own our colleague induction and onboarding experience, ensuring that our new colleagues receive an exceptional introduction and integration into the world of Travel Counsellors, focusing on day 1 right through to probation completion (0-6months)
• Design and implement a true learning culture across our colleague community, identifying opportunities across the entire user journey for digital transformation and improving the learning experience
• Design and deliver a Management Development Programme of learning, ensuring our People Managers have the knowledge, tools and skills to be excellent at leading and managing their teams
• Lead the way in digital learning with the knowledge and creativity to inspire learning through the power of technology
• Develop and implement a strategy for our LinkedIn Learning platform, holding colleagues to account for their own development and having KPIs in place to measure success
• Understand key market trends in learning, development and technology to identify and implement opportunities
• Partner collaboratively with the business, including the Digital Transformation Team to understand the learning interventions and experiences needed to ensure we are aligned to delivering our Business Plan whilst creating a compelling colleague experience
• Measure and report on business impact of learning experiences and development initiatives for our colleagues, analysing talent and learning data to identify issues, trends and gain strategic talent insights
• Oversee the operational delivery of a detailed training programme
• Act as a champion of our culture across the business, visibly role modelling our values and behaviours to your team, peers and the wider Travel Counsellors community.
• Work in an agile and matrix environment to positively influence a range of stakeholders to deliver real value add for our business
Skills & Experience Required
A team player with relevant experience within this field, ideally within a fast-paced, digital business and has a proven track record of success in creating, developing and delivering a range of learning initiatives.
A natural communicator and collaborator that quickly gains the trust and engagement of our leaders and senior managers to deliver results, quickly but effectively.
A brilliant presenter and facilitator, experienced in obtaining and delivering training with the ability to inspire and motivate a range of audiences
A strategic thinker with experience in translating the objectives of a business into a clear learning strategy and the gravitas to successfully embed new initiatives across Travel Counsellors
An innovator who keeps their knowledge up to date regarding the latest technology and digital trends in this area and has an entrepreneurial approach to service design and delivery
A strong understanding and ability to utilise design-thinking methodology to create service improvements based on the requirements and needs of a range of stakeholders
Capable of designing and managing processes with the appropriate levels of consistency for a global business, and a clear understanding of international cultural differences
Able to work in an agile, high pressured environment and can respond quickly to stakeholder needs
Experience in managing and influencing multiple stakeholders, globally, and comfortable working with C-level executives