At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Interim role to provide key support to the business with the main focus being commercial contracts and consumer issues. You will be a key business partner to the Commercial and Customer Relations teams, as well as supporting our international businesses.
Adding Value to Travel Counsellors
The role includes providing legal support in the following areas:
- Commercial agreements, including supply agreements with our travel product suppliers and tour operators; agreements for the procurement of other goods / services; and franchise agreements.
- Commercial advice across a range of business issues, including contractual disputes, data protection, consumer issues, and the Package Travel Regulations.
- Supporting the marketing team with new campaigns and other projects.
- Dealing with small claims and pre-action disputes.
- Advising on franchisee issues and new business ventures.
Skills & Experience Required
Solicitor qualified in English law with a 2.1 law degree. Strong academic record.
6+ years PQE gained at a top UK law firm or highly rated in-house team.
A solid commercial background is essential, as is significant commercial contracts experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Other key skills
- Able to work in an agile, high pressured environment and can respond quickly to stakeholder needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work without strong guidance.
- Commercially aware and action orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work at all levels of the organisation.
- Credibility to build strong relationships in a short period of time.
- Team player.
- Engaging, clear and concise communicator.
- Common sense and pragmatic approach.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise and provide timely responses in a fast-moving environment.
- Very professional approach to work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate problems and plan for timely avoidance / limitation.